Job Type and Pay:
We are looking for a talented Bioinformatician. Pay will be in accordance with abilities and experience.
- Full-time only
- Position is remote
- No agencies
- Must work a minimum of 4 hours within PST time zone between 9AM to 8PM PST
Required Duties & Skills:
- PhD in bioinformatics or related discipline – or similar level of expertise
- Develop methods and perform analyses that will advance the understanding of human genetics and shape SelfDecode’s consumer product
- Consult with researchers to analyze problems, recommend technology-based solutions, or determine computational strategies
- Initiate long-term R&D projects that bring research advances into SelfDecode’s consumer product
- Analyze large molecular datasets such as genomic sequence data
- Review professional literature to maintain professional knowledge
- Provide statistical and computational tools for biologically based activities such as genetic analysis, measurement of gene expression, and gene function determination
- Create or modify web-based bioinformatics tools
- Prepare summary statistics of information regarding human genome
- Ph.D. in Population Genetics, Statistical Genetics or a related field (e.g., Genetics, Computer Science, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Physics, Mathematics)
- Experience in algorithm development or machine learning approaches
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on experience working with very large datasets in Python
We are a fast-growing biotech company in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations.
- Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life.
SelfDecode.com [https://www.selfdecode.com/] – We analyze people’s DNA, lab tests (over 40,000 users so far) and symptoms and provide health recommendations that are simple and easy to understand using our custom-built algorithms.
Selfhacked.com [https://www.selfhacked.com/] – With over 1.5 million visitors per month, SelfHacked is a trusted source of scientific information on supplements and health topics.
How we like to operate:
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.
- We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities can move up in the organization fast.
We are very selective in our process because we look for a very long-term, full time partnership with our employees. We try to keep the process as short as possible, so that we don’t waste anyone’s time.
If this is the type of company you want to be a part of, apply now!