The South African Tuberculosis Bioinformatics Initiative (SATBBI) is a defined project applying systems biology approaches to tuberculosis biomarker research.
The successful incumbent will join a leading team of TB biomarker researchers. Their combined objective, with the support of the incumbent sought, is to set up a TB biomarker bioinformatics core facility. The position is at a Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor or Professor level, depending on the experience of the appointee.
The new incumbent will build the group and align the strategy to the University’s overarching strategy.
Preferably a PhD (Bioinformatics, Systems Biology, Computational Biology or other quantitative / or computational fields), qualifying against the University’s criteria to be appointed at either Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor or Professor level
- A minimum 3 to 5 years post graduate experience in Computational Biology / Bioinformatics with some management experience
- Excellent scientific and academic record with a passion to conduct science
- Passion for nurturing new talent and for development of computational biology capacity
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to engage with colleagues from other institutions nationally and internationally to create and maintain collaborative networks
- Declaration of Intent / Letter of motivation
- Comprehensive CV, including publication list
- One page biography
- Names and Contact details for at least 3 referees
- Certified copies of degree certificates
To apply please send a comprehensive CV and letter of motivation quoting reference number AP335 to Genevieve Michel c/o firstname.lastname@example.org