Permanent full time position at CSL, Australia’s largest biotechnology company. Remuneration dependent upon skill set and experience.
Starting a century ago, CSL made a promise to save lives and protect the health of people stricken with a range of serious and chronic medical conditions. Today that same promise has never been stronger.
With operations in more than 30 nations and over 14,000 employees worldwide, we develop and deliver biotherapies to prevent and treat people with life-threatening medical conditions. Our broad-range of therapies include those to treat disorders such as haemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza.
We collaborate with patient and biomedical communities to improve access to therapies, advance scientific knowledge, and support future medical research. Our world-class commercial operation, combined with a large and focused R&D team and operational excellence, enable us to accurately identify, successfully develop, and dependably deliver innovations that patients and providers want.
As a Research Statistician, you will be part of the team responsible for providing statistical oversight and input for Research and Product Development Departments globally, contributing to data analysis of completed experiments, providing statistical advice for contacts with regulatory agencies and overseeing statistical design to translate development strategies into plans that support product objectives.
As Research Statistician, it is your responsibility to:
- Provide statistical expertise to support non-clinical R&D objectives
- Oversee and provide guidance in statistical methodology for experimental design
- Conduct analysis and generate reports and documentation in accordance with international guidelines
- Ensure quality standards in data transfer for statistical analysis
- Contribute statistical input for regulatory filings in relation to product approvals, on-market support, and for scientific publications
- Conduct statistical training of R&D staff
- Manage the non-clinical functions of statistics, including resources and project timelines, quality of statistical deliverables and compliance with regulations, work processes and procedures for pre-clinical statistics
- Actively engage with external collaborators both commercial and academic to ensure that CSL R&D is current with methods and areas relevant to its business – e.g. methods for handling big data To be successful
We're looking for a self-motivated applicant who demonstrates the following qualifications and skills:
- PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics, or equivalent – essential
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics/Statistics or Applied Mathematics/Statistics - essential
- Experience in pre-clinical statistical setting involving development, validation and analysis of biological assays/biomarkers, experimental design and analysis, and general statistical consulting - preferable
- Solid understanding of statistical principles and methods applicable to pre-clinical research, e.g. experimental design and analysis, random sampling, validation and optimisation - preferable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written in English) bridging scientific and business needs
- Ability to build partnerships and collaborative environments Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strategic thinking with excellent problem solving and decision making skills Applications must address the selection criteria above and include a current CV and covering letter.
Applications close 5.00pm AEST on 1st August 2016.
Employment screening, including criminal history, medical assessment, confirmation of experience and stated qualifications, Australian working rights and other relevant checks form part of the candidate suitability evaluation process.