One of the Asia-Pacific’s leading research-intensive Universities Strong regional and global engagement Cutting edge facilities and equipment UNSW Australia is where the best people come to do their best work.
Are you a first-class scholar with a strong and highly respected research record in the area of Bioinformatics, Systems Biology and/or Medical Genomics? If so, we are offering an opportunity to join a School with an international reputation in molecular and cellular biology, including proteomics, genomics, cellular biology, environmental microbiology, biomaterials and chemical ecology.
The School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences (BABS) is part of the Science Faculty at UNSW Australia and is located on our Kensington campus in Sydney. BABS hosts the Ramaciotti Centre for Genomics, which has world class facilities for sequencing (including MiSeq, NextSeq, PacBio and access to Illumina X-Ten), microfluidics (including single cell genomics) and microarray analysis. The School hosts the New South Wales Systems Biology Initiative, supported by high-performance computing facilities, including national supercomputers. The School also has access to outstanding proteomics and metabolomics facilities at the UNSW Bioanalytical Mass Spectrometry Facility. Additional major facilities at the University provide capacity for biochemical, biophysical and chemical analyses, electron microscopy and animal breeding.
For more information about the School, please visit: www.babs.unsw.edu.au.
About the role Continuing/Tenured Full time
We are seeking an individual with the vision, experience and capability to take a leadership role in research within the discipline. High-level academic leadership is expected in research, publishing and the attraction of research funding.
The appointment will initially be made at Level E (Professor) with reference to UNSW’s performance-based salary supplementation scheme for Professors, which involves three additional salary steps based on demonstrated performance above and beyond that normally expected of Professorial staff at UNSW.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have an outstanding research record in Bioinformatics, Systems Biology and/or Medical Genomics, including the capacity to develop methods for the analysis of high-throughput systems biology or genomic data;
- actively carry out research in the fields specified above and publish in influential and high-impact scholarly journals;
- have proven success in attracting competitive grant funding and/or industry funding;
- have a demonstrated ability to engage in collaborative research within the specified disciplines, and preferably across disciplines;
- have an excellent record in teaching and supervision at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- contribute actively to the teaching programs of the School.
You should systematically address the selection criteria in the position description in your application.
You may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.