We are seeking to appoint a post-doctoral research position for the development of software for the analysis of next-generation sequencing data. The successful applicant will undertake research into how genetic information is encoded, organized and evolves within the human genome.
The successful applicant will work in the laboratory of Dr. Tim Mercer which pursues research interests in genome biology, including noncoding RNAs, splicing and gene expression, and in biotechnology, including next-generation sequencing and bioinformatics. The laboratory is within the Garvan Institute of Medical Research, located in Darlinghurst, Sydney. The Garvan is a leading medical research institute with over 600 scientists, students and support staff with an aim to deliver and interpret genome sequences for clinical use and to translate the benefits of genome sequencing into healthcare. Details of the benefits of working at this vibrant environment can be found at http://www.garvan.org.au/careers
The successful candidate will undertake research into genome informatics and evolution. Specific responsibilities within will include the implementation of bioinformatics software for genome analysis. This includes design of software from specification, release of software including version benchmarking, testing and maintenance. Writing technical and operational documentation and providing post release support.
- Proficient programming skills in Perl, Python, R, Java or C/C++.
- Software engineering experience, including design, implementation and maintenance
- Strong background in genome and molecular biology is desirable.
- Ability to convert algorithms into efficient code for HPC / cluster implementation.
- Developed skills in bioinformatics, statistics and the analysis of next-generation sequencing data.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic individual with a genuine interest in genome research. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a great workplace with progressive career opportunities, modern facilities and located in a vibrant neighbourhood, with a competitive salary and not-for-profit salary packaging.
Interested applicants please send the following:
- Your CV including 3 Referees
- Academic Transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org