- Cutting Edge Opportunity for an early career Bioinformatician or Statistician
- Innovative Program with State-of-the-Art facilities
- Undertake funded research into non-coding RNAs with focus on our discoveries concerning intron retention (Cell, 2013; Nature 2014).
Applications are invited from motivated individuals who wish to contribute to an exciting research programme involving basic and translational research into non-coding RNAs in development and cancer.
Your main role will be to initiate and respond to challenges in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Statistics and Genomics by integrating within an effective team of molecular/cell biologists. The successful candidate should have a PhD in a relevant subject area with programming experience (C/C++, R, Python) and proficiencies in UNIX/Linux/Galaxy environments. Your role will include supervision of junior staff and students while participating in other activities of Centenary.
The successful applicant will have:
- Recent PhD in a relevant areas (Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Statistics and Genomics),
- Solid knowledge of qPCR, array-based assays, RNASeq data analysis, pipeline development and, algorithm implementation/development
- Solid publication record, ability to write journal articles, grants and keep meticulous notes,
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with an ability to liaise with a diverse range of people,
- A strong team focus, and
- A demonstrated commitment to Occupational Health and Safety,
- Publication record in high-impact journals,
- Experience in programming (C/C++, R, Python) and proficiencies in UNIX/Linux/Galaxy environments,
- A demonstrated ability to supervise junior staff and students,
- Familiarity with recombinant DNA technology and diverse sequencing platforms.
Centenary offers attractive superannuation and salary packaging to staff. Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
To apply for the role:
please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include:
- covering letter addressing the essential skills,
- curriculum vitae (CV) including academic transcript, and
- full contact details of at least three recent professional referees.
Closing date: 2nd February 2015
For more information about the role: please contact Dr Justin J-L Wong (email@example.com)
Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine And Cell Biology is a centre of excellence in medical research affiliated with the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and the University of Sydney located at Camperdown.
The Centenary Institute supports equal employment opportunity and offers a smoke free workplace.