Senior Software Developer/Bioinformatician - KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology)
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is a major new graduate university focused on becoming a leader in science and technology research and graduate education. Located near Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, the university’s coastline campus on the Red Sea features high-quality residences, extensive recreational facilities and beach, a multicultural environment, and a high quality of life for employees and their families.
Senior Software Developer / Bioinformatician is responsible for applications and infrastructure systems development, analyzing users’ needs to design, construct, test, and maintain computer applications software or systems in domain of bioinformatics.
- Programming support for research projects
- Developing software as per requests
- Testing the software developed
- Implementing the software developed
- Creating technical specifications and test plans
- Writing technical and operational documentation
- Software Quality Assurance
- Provide post release support in all instances, including training where necessary
- Managing variety of bioinformatics and related software tools and repositories
- Conceptualize, design and develop software solutions based on minimal necessary problem description
- Implement and manage large/complex software projects
- Integrate different software solutions into functional software systems
- Design and implementation of bioinformatics solutions on HPC and cloud systems
- Interface with researchers in CBRC
- Perform other duties as assigned
Organization: Computer, Elec, Math Sciences & Eng
Division: Computational Bioscience Research Center
- Ability to convert algorithms into code.
- Software Engineering Skills: Capability to develop efficient code for HPC / cluster implementation.
Non-Technical Skills or Attributes
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and to develop and prioritize projects, work under pressure
- Strong team player
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Presentation/training skills
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
Required Education ###
- Masters’ degree in Computer Science, IT, Bioinformatics or related field.
- PhD preferred.
- Minimum requirements 8 year in related field
Please visit the KAUST website at http://apptrkr.com/554620
All applications must be submitted through this site for consideration.