(NB. Closing date not advised - Ed.)
The VIB Center for the Biology of Disease and KU Leuven Center for Human Genetics has a position for a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow with expertise in cancer bioinformatics.
Several proteins that are implicated in transcriptional regulation have been found to be overexpressed or mutated in acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). We are developing new mouse models of ALL to study transcriptional regulation and transcriptional networks in leukemia cells. This will require the integration of RNA-seq and ChlP-seq data in purified cell populations.
The successful applicant will work in the Laboratory of Prof. Jan Cools, at the VIB and KU Leuven (University of Leuven, Belgium). You will interact with PhD students and postdocs in our bioinformatics interest community. You will be hosted in VIB, an international top research institute in the center of Europe.
Selected references to previous work:
- Kalender et al. Comprehensive analysis of transcriptome variation uncovers known and novel driver events in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. PLoS Genet. 2013 Dec;9(12):e1003997
De Keersmaecker K, et al. Exome sequencing identifies mutation in CNOT3 and ribosomal genes RPL5 and RPL10 in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Nature Genetics, 2013;45:186-190.
- BIG: Leuven Bioinformatics Interest Group
- You have a PhD in Life Sciences, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Computational Science or equivalent.
- You have a good knowledge of cellular biology and genetics.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have a strong publication record.
- You have solid experience with bioinformatics programming and statistics for bioinformatics, including Linux, scripting (e.g. Python, Perl, Bash), R (incl. Bioconductor), Java (or other programming language), UCSC Genome Browser, Ensembl APl, Galaxy, etc.
- Experience with the analysis of next-generation sequence data is a plus: Illumina sequencing, SNP/indel calling, Structural variation, RNA-seq, etc.
We offer a 2 year contract, subject to renewal
How to apply?
Please use the VIB application tool. Don't forget to mention the contact details of 2 referees.