and experimental ophthalmic research at the Lions Eye Institute. It engages in methodological and collaborative research. Bioinformatics experts will assist with research areas that overlap with biostatistics, computational biology, statistical genetics, epidemiology, health economics and computational medicine.
- Collaborate with other groups/ laboratories within the Institute/University of WA
- Develop image segmentation algorithms Design software for high-throughput image data analysis
- Investigate new strategies for data visualisation for diagnosis and management of retinal disease
- Design methodology for data visualisation to aid monitoring disease progression and structure function correlation
- Investigate new imaging modalities to enhance diagnosis of eye disease
- Obtain grants for res earch in the area of Ophthalmic Imaging