The University of Sydney is Australia's first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. It employs over 7300 permanent staff, supporting over 50,000 students.
The University is building a vibrant bioinformatics group within a newly established Research Computing Core Facility (RCCF). The RCCF will consist of a higher performance computing cluster, dedicated bioinformatics software, and support staff who will provide expert consultancy and training for researchers.
As Bioinformatics Technician you will:
- assist to establish and manage core bioinformatics infrastructure to facilitate computational biology throughout the University of Sydney and partner organisations
- provide advanced user support in bioinformatics for internal and external researchers
- promote the research computing core facility
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- proficiency in Perl, Python, or a related scripting language
- proficiency in the design, setup, and querying of databases for research data
- strong, general bioinformatics skills and a solid basic understanding of molecular biology and related disciplines.