The University of Sydney is Australia's first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. It employs over 7300 permanent staff, supporting over 50,000 students.
The University is building a vibrant bioinformatics group within a newly established Research Computing Core Facility (RCCF). The RCCF will consist of a higher performance computing cluster, dedicated bioinformatics software, and support staff who will provide expert consultancy and training for researchers.
As Bioinformatics Manager you will:
- establish and manage core bioinformatics infrastructure to facilitate computational biology throughout the University of Sydney and affiliated medical research institutes
- provide advanced user support in bioinformatics for internal and external researchers
- manage core facility staff to ensure a high standard of service is provided.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- postgraduate degree in bioinformatics or a related discipline
- proficiency in Perl, Python, or a related scripting language
- proficiency in the design, setup, and querying of databases for research data.