Are you a postgraduate bioinformatician at an Australian Uni? Want to get out in the industry?
Located within CSL based in Melbourne, this four month project is a fantastic opportunity to link your postgraduate studies with industry. Interns can earn up to $3000 per month stipend/scholarship top up.
Proposed start date: June/July 2014
Completion date: +4 months from start date
AMSI Intern connects postgraduate research students and their university supervisors across all disciplines with industry partners through short-term tightly focused partner research projects. The AMSI internships allow students to transfer their skills from theory to real world application, while companies gain a competitive advantage by accessing high-quality research expertise.
The research will involve working on bioinformatics pipelines to aid in the understanding of mechanisms of action in studies of pre-clinical and clinical drugs based on existing lists of top ranked genes from RNAseq data from in vitro and in vivo models.
The project will involve comparison of existing tools and their ability to efficiently and accurately extrapolate from gene expression data to molecular pathways and signalling networks that maybe involved in mediating drugs’ activity in a given system.
This project would best suit an intern with a biological background in gene expression profiling, and experience in bioinformatics.
Current postgraduate student (PhD, Masters) of an AMSI partner institution.
Benefits of the program include:
- Drive your career by aligning your research project to an industry problem or challenge
- Add relevant industry experience to your CV & receive certificate for participation
- Develop work-readiness skills gained with 50/50 participation model, flexible
- Gain exposure in an industry setting & bridge the transition to employment
- Establish network of industrial contacts
- Improve soft skills and professional development
- Earn up to $3,000 per month (stipend or scholarship top-up)
- Participate in interesting projects
- Potential recruitment opportunities
- Improve soft skills & professional development – (pre-placement training provided)
- Apply your knowledge to industry problems
Applications please send CV
Cate Ballard (firstname.lastname@example.org)
National Program Manager
Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute