(Note this similar position is also open at MCRI.)
We are seeking a full time Genomic Laboratory Development Research Scientist on a 3 year contract, to work with the newly established MCRI/VCGS Translational Genomics Unit by developing and delivering genomics tests based on NGS for research and clinical use. Priority areas include genomic, exomic and transcriptomic sequencing. Other areas of research will be dictated by the clinical and development priorities of the Victorian Clinical Genetics Services (VCGS).
You will be responsible for:
- Providing support, advice and liaison with MCRI research groups for the development of projects requiring the use of high-throughput nucleic acid sequencing.
- Working with colleagues in the genomics laboratory to maintain a sequencing operation from sample receipt to the provision of data, including support with data analysis and archiving as required.
- Performing laboratory NGS procedures
- Operating MiSeq & NextSeq Instruments
- Developing and evaluating technical modifications for sample and library construction
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Working with Children & National Police Clearance (if appointed)
- Bachelor of Science with Honours
- Laboratory Experience
- Post Graduate experience in Human Genetics or Genomics
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Familiarity with UNIX an advantage is desirable
For further information on this position, please contact Dr Damien Bruno on +61 3 9936 6571.
Applications close on Sunday 23rd November 2014.
Job reference: 2998/2014.
Click here for further details...