The Telethon Institute for Child Health Research is one of the nation's leading medical research organisations with impressive facilities in Subiaco. It is home to more than 500 staff and post-graduate students who are dedicated to tackling the major causes of childhood disease, disability and disadvantage.
This newly created position will develop and enable bioinformatics across our activities to meet the growing need. This position will be responsible for:
- Developing innovative tools for bioinformatics analysis and directing resources
- Managing the McCusker Foundation Bioinformatics Centre employees
- Implementation of workflows, ensuring quality control and timely delivery of support
- Manage and interpret large and complex datasets generated from a diverse range of sources, including; research studies involving high-throughput sequencing, gene/microRNA expression arrays, metabolomics, GWAS, population-based cohort studies derived from various sources including banked primary biological samples, clinical trials, animal studies and publicly available databases
- Recommending further enhancement of computational capacity