- Inner city location
- Well regarded Institute with strong research links
- 1 year fixed term, strong likelihood of renewal.
Our client is an independent, not-for-profit medical research organisation located in an inner suburb of Brisbane and attached to a highly regarded private hospital. This position has been created to provide Biostatistical support to a range of investigator initiated and sponsor driven research projects.
This person will be the main contact for the Institute on biostatistical matters and responsibilities will include:
- provision of assistance with experimental design and feasibility of proposed studies
- provision of expert support in the statistical analysis of studies
- contribution to grant preparation and submission and the publication of results
- presentations at seminars and conferences
- use of and contribution to the systems used for the management of biostatistical data
- participation in the review and amendment of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
A PhD plus up to 3 years experience in the design and analysis of clinical studies is required. We are looking for a self-motivated and independent person who is able to liaise with stakeholders with varying statistical knowledge - thus your communication and interpersonal skills will be excellent. You will be keen to operate with autonomy as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team and able to respond with flexibility to changing situations.
A valid driver's licence is essential.
For more information, please contact Melinda Barton on 0409 669 855 or send your application to email@example.com