In this hands-on workshop, QFAB Senior Statistician Kim-Anh Le Cao will introduce fundamental concepts in statistical modelling, inference and data analysis, and how to use them in the analysis of biological data. Participants will use the freely available “R” software to learn how to apply common statistical tests or methodologies to real problems in biology.
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand basic statistical concepts
- Perform statistical tests to answer simple to more complex biological questions
- Mine and explore biological data sets
- Perform statistical analysis on medium to large scale data sets
- Be able to use the R statistical programming language as a data analysis too