24-25 March 2014, Melbourne, Australia
Abstracts due 15 Feb 2014
Registration is free... but places are limited... be quick!
The first Galaxy Australasia Workshop is a great opportunity for you to participate in two full days of presentations, discussions, poster sessions, keynotes and lightning talks, all about ways of using Galaxy for high-throughput biology, imaging and other scientific applications.
The workshop will include a poster session, keynote speakers, and training sessions taught by Galaxy developers and master users.
GAW 2014 will run 24 and 25th March, immediately preceding Computational and Simulation Sciences and eResearch in Melbourne, with Day 1 in Clayton (next to the Australian Synchrotron) and Day 2 downtown at the Melbourne Convention Centre.
You should attend to...
- Present your work!
- Learn best practices for deploying Galaxy, defining and installing resources, and managing and moving large datasets
- Network with others in the Galaxy community who are facing similar challenges and using Galaxy and other tools to address them
- Learn what the Galaxy Project's plans are, and contribute to Galaxy's future direction
- Learn how to
Topics will potentially include
- Image analysis and processing using Galaxy
- RNAseq/ChIPseq/Variant Calling/RNA Quality Control
- Galaxy on the Research Cloud
- CSIRO Galaxy service - partnership between science and IT
- Identifying proteins from mass spec data with Galaxy
Secure a place...
...by completing the form below. This will allow us to plan catering, print name tags, and tell the bouncers to let you in.
Submit an abstract by 15 February 2014...
...via the form below. We welcome proposals for presentations or posters (potentially with technical demonstrations) that showcase use of Galaxy, and ask you to please submit a brief one-page abstract, brief one-paragraph bio and preference for poster or oral presentation.
You will be notified whether you have been selected to present by February 28th.
Speakers, panelists, and poster presenters will be selected by the program committee based on relevance to symposium objectives and workshop balance.
Looking forward to seeing you all in Melbourne!
GAW 2014 Organising Committee